Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mark.hannah@totalise.co.uk is offline

Default Noisy TRV.

On 18 Dec, 12:07, F wrote:
On 18/12/2007 11:30 wrote:

Now the radiator (or just the valve?) makes a loud noise when the
system is running - not quite a hissing noise - more like a "rushing
of water" type noise.

Is the TRV bi-directional? If it is, you may well have installed it set
for the 'wrong' direction. If it's like ours, you simply remove the
sensor head, rotate a collar and then reinstall the head. No need to get
wet!

I'm not sure - how do I tell if it's bi-directional?
It doesn't stop the radiator from getting hot at all - everything
seems to work just fine.

Thanks,
Mark.