Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Solar Heating?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:41:11 -0000 Mary Fisher wrote :
I suggest that you are antagonistic without knowing the facts. It's
just an opinion and I still don't un derstand it - but I don't need
to.

I am interested in hard facts: I write SAP Rating software. Yes, of
course there are ethical firms selling systems, equally there have
been more than a few media reports of high pressure salesman making
totally untrue claims as to what people will save. The plain fact is
that for most people, if you heat your hot water by gas, the economics
of a professionally installed system do not make sense. It's about a
feelgood factor, being seen to do some, whereas if you want to save
the planet, paying to have an old person's loft insulated would make
more sense.