Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Can't believe this... UPDATE/FIXED!

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:44:46 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Steve wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote on 17 Dec 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:

Update: was able again to make it home early from work today, took
faucet back to supply place, neither I nor counter guy could see
anything wrong with it. I asked for a pair of o-rings for the
sprayer nozzle connection and tried it again. On a whim, I lubed the
O-rings with silicone grease prior to installation thinking that that
is what I would do if I were installing them on a car, so why not
here? Also I think the ones I got as replacements are ever so
slightly larger in cross-section than the original ones. et voila,
works perfectly. I guess either one of the o-rings had a minor flaw
that I couldn't see or I nicked/twisted it on installation in a way
that I couldn't see. Anyway, it's in there now and now I can consider
the kitchen sink project almost complete.

I moved into a newly constructed house 18 months ago. The bathtub
faucet dripped VERY slowly, about a quart a day -- just enough that
SWMBO didn't like it. The second plumber the builder sent out found the
problem. The factory O-ring was flawed, with a little flat place in one
spot. Replacement solved the problem.

Yeah, I could have done it myself, but that's what a warranty is for.
Besides, I got to talke to the second guy, and I now we refer work to
each other.

Well, I spoke too soon. Apparently it is *not* fixed but now leaking
out of the spray nozzle end. haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

Now, I'm thinking install vs faucet fault!

Am seriously regretting going with Moen. I know they have a good rep
but the whole faucet when installed seems cheap and flimsy, although
there was really no way to tell looking at it in the box. When I turn
the water on I can see the arm moving relative to the base, and
everything just feels light duty. I like the old Delta much better,
except for the obvious lack of sprayer nozzle.

nate