Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Toy Chest

Jack Casuso wrote:

Finally completed my grandniece's birthday gift. Almost 2 years in
planning/searching for wood and almost 1 year late but at least she will
still be 1 year old when she gets it this week. On Christmas Day she will
be 2.

No paints or dyes. Carcass is Cherry plywood with cherry trim lock
mitered
corners. 19 species of wood make up the picture on the front. The chest
was finished on the back so when she out grows a toy chest, the top can be
rotated the back will become the front. Project included a couple of
firsts for me -- making the cushion, painting the cushion and making the
cherry
trim for the front and back. Most difficult color to find in wood was the
blue for the Prince's jacket. Finally tracked down some Blue Mahoe in
Puerto Rico.

Very nice. Bonus points for future thinking and designing to rotate the
top.