Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't believe this... UPDATE/FIXED!

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote on 17 Dec 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:
Update: was able again to make it home early from work today, took faucet
back to supply place, neither I nor counter guy could see anything wrong
with it. I asked for a pair of o-rings for the
sprayer nozzle connection and tried it again. On a whim, I lubed the
O-rings with silicone grease prior to installation thinking that that
is what I would do if I were installing them on a car, so why not
here? Also I think the ones I got as replacements are ever so
slightly larger in cross-section than the original ones. et voila,
works perfectly. I guess either one of the o-rings had a minor flaw
that I couldn't see or I nicked/twisted it on installation in a way
that I couldn't see. Anyway, it's in there now and now I can consider
the kitchen sink project almost complete.

I moved into a newly constructed house 18 months ago. The bathtub
faucet dripped VERY slowly, about a quart a day -- just enough that
SWMBO didn't like it. The second plumber the builder sent out found the
problem. The factory O-ring was flawed, with a little flat place in one
spot. Replacement solved the problem. Yeah, I could have done it myself,
but that's what a warranty is for.
Besides, I got to talke to the second guy, and I now we refer work to
each other.

Well, I spoke too soon. Apparently it is *not* fixed but now leaking out
of the spray nozzle end. haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

Am seriously regretting going with Moen. I know they have a good rep but
the whole faucet when installed seems cheap and flimsy, although there was
really no way to tell looking at it in the box. When I turn the water on
I can see the arm moving relative to the base, and everything just feels
light duty. I like the old Delta much better, except for the obvious lack
of sprayer nozzle.

nate

What's the sink made out of and how much did it cost?

As far as the problems with the Moen, what did they say when you called them
with your telephone today?