Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Damn, it's cold

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:57:38 -0500, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

Yeah, no problem -- wife and I got back from visiting friends late
Saturday afternoon to find that our 16-yo son had shoveled the
driveway. We didn't get enough snow in Round Two to bother shoveling
again. How about you?

We got about 5-6 inches total. I was sorta bummed after the
snow-related Armageddon we were promised earlier (g). The first round
was too wet and I had to shovel it by hand (and I am getting too old for
that ****). R2 took me about 30 minutes to throw. Also the wind wasn't
all that bad so it was still mostly flat. All in all I'd give a 2 (g).

I wish we had received snow. Here on the north shore of Long Island we
got wind blown rain. Plenty of rain - which froze. Black ice over an
inch thick. At least you can walk in snow.