Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Jigsaw or Sander?

"Mike" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:3cd9j.4384$Vq.3558
@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

"Red Green" wrote in message

Just hope the 1099 they send you isn't for 5x the retail value.

I'll take the cash rather than the "gift." I hate the IRS.

You'll still get a 1099.

How do you know that? Many companies give small gifts with no 1099.

You're right. I don't KNOW it. I've seen it happen many times having
done taxes for folks. If company choses not to take deduction then
they won't get 1099. I guess I should say be prepared for it that it
MAY happen.

Stand corrected.

That's ridiculous were talking chump change not new cars

I know Mike. An even personal example is ex-wifie did a call in to a
radio show, you know like 10th caller thing, and won some stupid spa
session thing. Got a 1099 the next year for a hundred bucks.