Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default letterbox insulation

on 12/17/2007 1:01 PM neilsolent said the following:
Hi

Help ! Our house is suffering from a very bad draught through the
letterbox.

The letterbox is a vertical slot with a flap that opens inwards and
hinges on the (short) top edge. There is a cross-slat in the door
behind the letterbox that obscures the top edge of the slot. It is
therefore impossible to fit the standard brush type insulating frame.

Instead, I woud like to try to fit an additional external flap that
completely covers the slot that lifts outwards - but where could I get
something like this from. I can't find anything like this anywhere.

Merry Xmas and many, many thanks to anyone that can help.

thanks
Neil

Mount a 3 sided wooden box on the inside of the door covering the mail
slot with a lift door on the top to get the mail out?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY