Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AHS AHS is offline

Default Removing frozen bolt

Another product that seems to work really good is Mopar Penetrating Oil,
available from the parts department of any Dodge or Chry dealer. We use it
along with Kroil in our Community College Automotive courses .

If you want to cool/shrink a part, CRC makes a spray that cools or freezes
small items. I've found it at Pep Boys for ~$6.

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
news It's Sunday, and I'm all dressed up. And going out this evening. Did
stop and get some JJBBlaster or something like that. Couldn't find
KROIL. I'll try the Blaster on there one more time. Problem is, that
the piece sticking out is a nub now, and not a lot to grab on to.
There's enough on the other end, though to either cut a screwdriver
slot, or to double nut it, then see if there's enough room to get a
universal socket in there. Will do the heat to cherry red thing, too.
If that don't work, about all I can think of is to weld a piece of rod
to the end of the threads inside the tuning fork part, and hope it

will
pop loose. And if that don't work, I'll toss it.

Steve

Just had to do it. Couldn't stand NOT to do it. I left the Blaster in
the truck, so went to fetch it. Blaster was in my hand. The

turnbuckle
was still in the vise. I squirted it and went to check to see how my
drywall is drying. It isn't, so I added one of those large propane
heaters.

Came back, clamped the vise grips on there and got a quarter turn.

Went
back and forth ever so carefully so as not to lose what little knob I

had
(no pun intended) and worked it all the way out. Chased it with a tap.

And all in a pair of good slacks, too.

Like we used to say in the sixties, "Man that is some good ****."

Steve

I do some of my best work in my office clothes before changing into
blues...God watches over us then! Kroil is mail-order only, get some

NOW
in anticipation of the next adventure.

If Kroil is better than Blaster, I need some.

Steve