Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Centrifuge Wanted.

Your pretty close Dave,
The steam turbines in the US Navy all have lube oil purifiers on them
and they are required to operate 12 hrs per day when the engine is
running, every day. The unit got shutoff on the 8 -12 watch and night
and the 12 - 4 am watch cleaned it. Oh how I hated to clean that dam
thing.
the new ships have gas turbines on them and the purifiers for the fuel
are HUGE. The bowls are about the size of a washing machine drum.
there was a permanent chain fall over them just to take it apart. 40
hp or something like that.
We filtered the oil constantly. After 7 years in the engine, it looked
perfect. Shiny and crystal clear.

You probably ran a godawful amount of oil through this puppy, and had
to scrap the last bit of oil in the machine.

Guessing...

Dave