Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Solar Heating?

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:56:49 -0000 Mary Fisher wrote :
Why on Earth are people so antagonistic towards something
of which they have no personal experience?

Because lots of us know

KNOW?

that in a significant number of cases
solar water heating is a mechanism for transferring money from
well meaning but gullible householders to smooth talking
salesmen. And if they spend their commission on big cars the
environmental benefit is nil.

We're anything but gullible and weren't approached by any salesmen. In fact
they gave very sound advice when we approached the company.

It may make economic sense if you use a lot of hot water, can
DIY, and use a fuel other than mains gas, otherwise probably not.

That's what you think. We're extremely happy with our installation.

I suggest that you are antagonistic without knowing the facts. It's just an
opinion and I still don't un derstand it - but I don't need to.