Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Damn, it's cold

on 12/17/2007 10:40 AM Banty said the following:
In article , willshak says...

on 12/17/2007 8:02 AM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"dpb" wrote in message ...

Madx wrote:

Last night here in California we were advised that there was a spare
the air alert and to refrain from wood fires. So if it is not
harmful why would it be all over the news NOT to make a fire?

It's currently the PC position comes to mind?

More realistically in a metro area it is a particulate source which
can be a problem.

...which is exactly why it was made illegal here (Rochester NY) at
some point in the past.

You mean outside?
People have plenty of fireplaces in the home and make fires in them.

Burning wood in fireplaces is not allowed inside the city limits of
Rochester.

Awful lot of homes and apartments for sale or rent in Rochester, NY
advertising fireplaces.
Google - fireplace rochester ny

Soo.... *all* fireplaces burn wood, you're saying?

Nope. But not many specifically say gas or electric fireplace. I
searched 9 pages under that google search and there was no mention of
any law banning wood burning fireplaces.
I googled on 'wood burning fireplace rochester ny' and there are houses
for sale featuring wood burning fireplaces. Still no reference to a ban
on wood burning fireplaces.
I suppose Joe will provide a cite.

--

Bill