Posted to alt.home.repair
Hillel[_2_] Hillel[_2_] is offline

Default Painting Grooved Walls

On Dec 17, 9:17 am, Jeff B wrote:

I have the same paneling in my basement...simulated wood grain with
black grooves every 6-9". The house is from the early 70s. When we
moved in many years ago, we primed, then painted white. We like the
"country" look.

Just use a regular roller. Rough sand and prime first...the paint
will adhere better. You can smash the edge of the roller into the
grooves. It will cover them.

No, this is not the simulated wood grain paneling. Think of a wall
full of random width pinstripes and without the big grooves every few
inches. I am hoping that a roller will still get into the grooves.
Not sure if 3/8" nap is enough, but I will experiment on a few cut
pieces I have before doing the wall.

Thanks.
---Hillel