Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Sharp microwave arcs *through* front door

Ron(UK) wrote:
Chris wrote:

snip

Thanks again. I'll keep cooking with one hand in my pocket for now.

I can understand a purely academic curiosity as to the cause of
this--and I sympathize with the economics involved--but I think
(actually, I'm sure) if it were me, I'd follow the advice below.

If I were you, I`d replace the oven!

Failing that, I'd get professional--and by professional, I mean
engineering--help. Either involve the manufacturer, and/or a consumer
products testing agency. This just ain't s'posed to happen, doesn't
often--if ever before--happen; and most importantly, involves serious
safety issues.

You may trigger a product recall, save some lives or prevent some
injuries...and maybe even get a new oven in the process.

Failing all that, toss it and pick up one for $15-25 at a thrift store.
I've done that many times....

jak

Ron(UK)