Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Shop Heat Redux

I know this has been discussed on- and off- over the years, but I'd
like to get a current perspective from the collective wisdom of
the 'wreck.

My 'shop' is also my garage wherein cars needs to live at night.
The garage is unheated which is kind of a problem here in metro
Chicago ... it essentially means no wood butchery in the cold
months. Moreover, there is not much available in electricity.
There is one circuit that serves the garage door opener +
router + TS + vacuum cleaner ... and that's it. For a variety
of reasons, adding another circuit out in the garage is
impractical/expensive.

So ... what - if anything - can I use to heat a garage safely
that is: a) Not electrically powered, b) Won't kill me of CO
poisoning, and c) Won't ignite sawdust as it flies around in the air?

TIA,
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/