Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_3_] SteveB[_3_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

wrote in message
On Dec 10, 5:05 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I saw a clear full body picture of the Omaha shooter. Anyone who had a
concealed weapon and who could shoot decently could have lessened the
carnage. If you got a CCW, carry your weapon.

Steve

OK. I will probably regret the flames I get BUT

Are you saying that the populace needs to be armed when they go out to
get a bottle of milk, lest they encounter a "bad guy" and need to
defend themselves?

What if the "bad guy" gets the drop on you, and kills you. Is it YOUR
fault as you were not quick enough to "defend" yourself? (seems to be
a common thread by some here...)

Do you want to be in a combat ready state of paranoia when you leave
your house?

Are you happy living in a society where such things see to be a
frequent occurrence?

How come you Yanks are so obsessed with guns? -

Your otherwise decent people - what gives with this gun nuttiness?

Andrew VK3BFA

In my home town of Las Vegas, Nevada, a few years ago, a man dressed in camo
clothing went into an Albertson's grocery store. Started shooting people.
Hunting them down as they hid behind displays. Shot and killed several
people. They caught him, and he's in prison.

It is impossible, but I wonder what they would say to your questions. I
wonder what their family's comments would be. Maybe they're dyed in the
wool pacifists and wouldn't consider carrying a gun, and maybe they're not.

Point is that senseless violence happens every day in every big city and
small hamlet in every country of the world. Whether or not you choose to
take something that might assist you in case of emergency is a personal
choice, and one heavily regulated by the local jurisdiction where you are
that moment.

One of the pictures shown in the news was a person in a fetal position on
his knees on the floor right before a shotgun blast killed him. I can't
say, but I might guess he was wishing he had a gun. Other people had been
killed, and he was trying to hide behind a display of vegetables.

I do know that if I had been there, that it may have all turned out the
same.

Or not.

I do carry pepper spray almost all the time. It is legal, and does not
require all that carrying a weapon does. I like pepper spray because it
shoots about twenty feet, and you don't have to be a good shot to use it.
It then allows you time to retreat. But chances are if you see me, I'll be
packing. And you won't even know it.

Don't worry. If we're in the same store and a gunman starts shooting, I'll
come to your aid. But you can NOT use my gun.

Hey, Bambi. There's lions out there. No ****!

Steve