Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Jigsaw or Sander?

On Dec 16, 2:12 pm, Red Green wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:3cd9j.4384$Vq.3558
@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

"Red Green" wrote in message

Just hope the 1099 they send you isn't for 5x the retail value.

I'll take the cash rather than the "gift." I hate the IRS.

You'll still get a 1099.

How do you know that? Many companies give small gifts with no 1099.

You're right. I don't KNOW it. I've seen it happen many times having done
taxes for folks. If company choses not to take deduction then they won't
get 1099. I guess I should say be prepared for it that it MAY happen.

Stand corrected.

Thanks for the heads up Red, I'll be looking for it. I did win a trip
this year and I'm getting crushed on the taxes right now. The company
is claiming the full retail value of the trip as as salary this month
if they didn't get a volume discount. Is there any way I can fight
this?