Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Strange PIR behaviour

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
I have an outside floodlight which is controlled by a PIR. It's fed from

an
FCU spurred off a ring main. The light sometimes comes on for a few

seconds
when other things on the same ring - e.g. Teasmaid (yes, ours is still

going
strong after more than 30 years!) are switched on or off. I'm familiar

with
PIRs coming on for a while when the mains is restored after an

interruption,
but not to them being affected by *other* things going on or off. I assume
it's responding to some sort of noise (contact bounce etc.) being injected
into the mains. Has anyone else come across this?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Did you install it? check for loose connections inside the lights housing
and any water getting into the housing, also the connection to the fuse?

Either that or it could be just coincidence ie spiders coming out from
behind for a daily workout. ;-)