Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default CRT Monitor Odd Behavior

As old? It is from 2001 I don't really think it is that old. I have
monitors way older than that.. I have an IBM VGA monitor from 1990 and a
Tandy CGA from about 1986 that works great still.

It would be nice to get a smaller monitor on my desk, but money is an
issue so I'll be re capping the monitor when I get time.

Interesting thing is that picture color, quality, brightness is all ok.
Guess it is probably in the deflection section.

I replaced a pile of caps in a 14 year old 17" monitor a couple weeks ago,
the image looks better now than it has in years. It's old tech, but my mom
is still happy with it so I figured why replace it?