Posted to rec.woodworking
Hank[_2_] Hank[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Politics

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

Hank wrote:
Charlie Self wrote in
news:4b1c3f02-e534-488c-b0dd-
:

On Dec 14, 9:35 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Rod & Betty Jo wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
And therein lies the problem. The public has somehow gotten the
notion that government-provided services are "free" because
there's no direct charge for them.

Who is the ephemeral "they" that doesn't know any of this costs
money? I don't know anyone who doesn't realize that, with the
exception of a couple of mentally ill people. And yes, almost
everyone realizes that more "largesse" as you guys love to call it,
will cost them more taxes. Thus there's a never ending search for
not only doing more, but doing it more effectively and efficiently,
something that bureaucracy tends to make very, very difficult,
especially when the clerks have politicians stepping all over their
toes with new, and overly complex, regulations on a weekly basis.

Here in the Albany NY area that doesn't seem to be true. There must
be at least a hundred thousand people that must be mentally ill. Of
course, most of them don't pay much in taxes. Clerks are clerks.
Whatever the directive is, they enforce it. That is the way it
should
be. Politicians don't make laws, regulations etc. Our elected
officials do.

Huh? When did "elected officials" cease to be "politicians"?

Did you ever notice that almost all of our elected
officials have law degrees? That should tell us something.
Gov. Spitzer, a great AG.

C'mon John.