Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_3_] SteveB[_3_] is offline

Default Chainsaw sharpening redux

I got out my Craftsman chain saw sharpener and found out that my
instructions had been fused into one stiff piece of cardboard instead of
several folded sheets when it was new. A query to Sears produced no
decipherable results.

So, I took the simple silver dollar sized sharpening guide provided by
Husquvarna with the saw and gave each tooth twenty strokes.

Went out and dueled with horizontal trees. Worked just fine.

I realize that dirt, sand, and rocks are the sworn enemy of any chain saw.
You can dull a saw in two seconds on said materials.

Nuff said.

Except, I personally think that you can be too picky on some things. Just
like knives, if you know the angle, and pay attention, it ain't rocket
surgery.

Steve