Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Painting Grooved Walls

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:03:17 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:44:26 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Hillel" wrote in message
On Dec 16, 5:06 pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:49:35 -0800 (PST), Hillel
wrote:

On Dec 16, 4:20 pm, Oren wrote:

Do the panels look like this picture?

*http://www.coxlumber.com/images/sidi...de/panelII.gif

No, the whole thing is narrow vertical grooves.

The example material is applied with vertical grooves (exterior
siding).

How did the neighbor paint his (if the same type basement)?

I saw those siding panels before. The vertical grooves are meant to
simulate wood grain. The basement panels have deeper vertical grooves
than those, but not the wide deep grooves that are in the siding
panels every few inches.

Most of the neighbors have either ignored them or ripped them out.
One friend managed to paint his with roller and brush, but it took him
a long time.

That's because he used a cheap brush and cheap paint. I wasn't there to
see
it, but I know it's true. Where were you going to shop for your paint? Any
plans yet?

I was older before I learned about loading paint in a brush, the
cleaning and care aspect of a good brush.

Now! it is my first go too tool...for paint in the home.

I got lucky. When I was 30, there was a real hardware store in my
neighborhood. I didn't listen to the owner the first time when I bought a
cheap brush, but I was back the same day for an expensive one. I still have
it 24 years later.

A craftsman of now (40 years) taught me a few lessons; in recent
years! Good brush and care. He spent several years as an Apprentice
many years ago.(back East). He is articulate.