Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Damn, it's cold

In article , Kurt Ullman wrote:
It is all what you are used to. Living in Indiana, I get a kick
when the Weather Bureau posts wind chill warnings for Florida's
panhandle when WIND CHILLS get down to 32 or so.

Yep. I've lived in Indianapolis for 30+ years. In about '85 or so, I was in
Atlanta on business for two weeks, ending just before Labor Day. A day or two
before the trip ended, a cold front came through, and the overnight low
actually dipped down below 70 degrees, all the way to 67.

Next morning, the weatherman on TV said "Well, folks, summer's over, fall's
here, and winter's coming. Chilly day today, with the high only 74."

People were actually wearing jackets and sweaters! And for the first time in
two weeks, I felt comfortable outdoors.

--
Regards,