Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Ariens Snow Blower Belt

bq340 wrote:
Ian wrote:

I have an old Ariens snowblower, Model # 92208 (5HP 20"). The belt
that drives the blower has broken.

Does anyone know what the spec on this belt is (so I can buy one at
the local auto parts supplier). More importantly, any advice on how to
install teh new belt?

We're knee deep in the white stuff here in Toronto.

Thanks,

Ian

If responding by email, please email to

If you mean 922008 then it takes a 1/2 X 32 belt.

There are four bolts holding the blower section to the engine section.
Loosen up the bottom two and remove the top two bolts and pivot the two
halves apart to gain access to the belt.
MikeB

Right on, I think. I ran my model 10ML60D Ariens for over an hour today
here in Red Sox Nation. According to Ariens, it was manufactured in the
1984-65 season, so it's over 40 years old now. Built like a brick
defecatorium, nothing besides a few auger shear bolts has ever broken on
it, and it's still running on its original engine.

Too bad they don't build stuff that well anymore, eh?

When you buy that new belt, do yourself a favor and buy a spare one too.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia