Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Painting Grooved Walls

On Dec 16, 2:50 pm, wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Looks like it is time to paint the basement. The walls are a 3/8-inch
plywood paneling with grooves over the entire surface. Is there a
roller nap that will put an even coat of paint into the grooves
without leaving a texture from the roller? I do not care to fill in
the grooves, but also do not care if the paint has some filling effect
to them. Would it be better to use a sprayer? My neighbor offered
to let me use his Wagner airless sprayer.

You'll need a brush to cut in any way, so just hit up the grooves with
the brush then roll the walls. As an alternative, if there are a lot
of grooves and you're not grooving on all that brushing, use two
rollers. One with a 3/8" nap cover to put the bulk of the paint on
and fill in the grooves, and follow up with a 1/4" nap cover to smooth
out the paint on the flat surface of the paneling.