Old Nick

Default _Sources_ for carbide chain in the US?

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:01:47 -0500, Wayne Cook
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Standard chain pitches in the smaller sizes are.
3/8"
3/8" Low Profile
.325" pitch (I've not got any idea where they came up with this size
but it is standard).
1/4" pitch.

There are larger sizes as well but those are reserved for the large
saws. Most saws that home owners have either take a 3/8" low profile
or a .325 pitch.

Next there's the gauge measurement. This is the thickness of the
drive links. Most smaller saws use a 0.050" gauge. Some saws are set
up for 0.058" gauge (Stihl comes to mind here). There is another gauge
but I don't remember it off the top of my head since I've never seen
it in this part of the country.

..063. Sorry. I have the right to be a smartarse about this. I have
spent enough bloody time researching it! G