Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT - Politics

Han wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

The price of oil is a counter. If they price it in euros, dollars,
cowrie shells, or gold pressed latinum the price is still the same.

If I am in France, and have to buy oil, I have to convert my euros
dollars and use them to pay whichever country is selling the oil.
At
least, as I understand it the world market is priced in US$/barrel.
See, for instance (watch the wrap)
http://www.praguepost.com/articles/2...-hit-a-record-
high.php

That means that if I can get US$ for fewer units of my particular
valuta, I am ahead of the game.

The world market has to be priced in some currency. If it was priced
in gold presse latinum do you really think that the world would be a
substantially different place? No matter what currency you choose,
the exchange rate is going to fluctuate. In some cases it's going to
be good for one country, in some cases it's going to be good for
another.

Regardless of the currenty the prices will continue to increase so I
don't see what you're so alarmed about.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)