Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Painting Grooved Walls

wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Looks like it is time to paint the basement. The walls are a 3/8-inch
plywood paneling with grooves over the entire surface. Is there a
roller nap that will put an even coat of paint into the grooves
without leaving a texture from the roller? I do not care to fill in
the grooves, but also do not care if the paint has some filling effect
to them. Would it be better to use a sprayer? My neighbor offered
to let me use his Wagner airless sprayer.

Thanks.
---Hillel

Those wagner things are a useless toy and you will be more frustrated
than you could ever imagine trying to use it.

I would either hit the grooves with a brush and use the roller for the
rest or just use a good quality wide brush.