Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Painting Grooved Walls

I'm not sure about the grooves, but you should pass on using the Wagner
airless. Those things are junk and you will tear your hair out. You'd be
better off painting with a 1" brush.

wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

Looks like it is time to paint the basement. The walls are a 3/8-inch
plywood paneling with grooves over the entire surface. Is there a
roller nap that will put an even coat of paint into the grooves
without leaving a texture from the roller? I do not care to fill in
the grooves, but also do not care if the paint has some filling effect
to them. Would it be better to use a sprayer? My neighbor offered
to let me use his Wagner airless sprayer.

Thanks.
---Hillel