Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Grooved Walls

wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

Looks like it is time to paint the basement. The walls are a 3/8-inch
plywood paneling with grooves over the entire surface. Is there a
roller nap that will put an even coat of paint into the grooves
without leaving a texture from the roller? I do not care to fill in
the grooves, but also do not care if the paint has some filling effect
to them. Would it be better to use a sprayer? My neighbor offered
to let me use his Wagner airless sprayer.

Thanks.
---Hillel

Why not just use a really good brush, one of the wide ones? For intuitive
reasons I can't verbalize, I don't get a real good feeling about using a
roller for the surface you described.

How deep are these grooves?