Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default Raising the bathroom

Thanks for the advice so far.
Yeah, this is a weird deal...The house was built on a hillside, the very
back of house has the sloping effect, you can diffently see and feel the
slope in bathroom when you walk in it...It's not a big bathroom, it's
7.5' x 7.5' small.
This house has floor issues as well...next week a floor company is
installing:
Install Kneebracing
Install 6 concert pads
Install 1 concert pier
Install 5 adjustable piers
Straighten existing beam.
(Toltal: $1,600.00
That should level the floors in house expect the bathroom.
The floor man looked at bathroom and said it would not be cost
effective to fix that.
I imagine it would take a company like Powerlift and we're talking
thousands of dollars!
So yes..this may end up a patch job but can't afford any major
foundation work. I don't know how long it took for the house to settle
that much...figure it has taken many years.

So if I can drop in a false floor...it would be easier and inexpensive.
Just have to raise tub and toilet and a small cab/sink up 3/4".
I have a link with a picture of the house...I think once you see the
house you'll understand better the situation.

Yahoo! 360° - easy_living's Blog
Address:http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-6djIX...Wkra0AOJ3?cq=1

Scroll down about half way and you'll see a pic of home. My laptop is
down so this is the only pic I have online at this time. The bathroom is
at the end (highest point) of house but on other side. Now there's a
foundation you don't see everyday, so you can imagine the problem
solving I've encountered since moving in.

But anyway...all that's left to fix really is the bathroom. I figure
drop a false floor in there and call it good...for now.
Thanks for commenting.