Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Ariens Snow Blower Belt

Ian wrote:
I have an old Ariens snowblower, Model # 92208 (5HP 20"). The belt
that drives the blower has broken.

Does anyone know what the spec on this belt is (so I can buy one at
the local auto parts supplier). More importantly, any advice on how to
install teh new belt?

Just take the old one in w/ you and they'll match it...

Specifically to replace it, no, but there's got to be a fairly
straightforward way to get it around the drive pulleys. Check for
manuals on the Ariens site would be a start if somebody else here
doesn't have a specific...

We're knee deep in the white stuff here in Toronto.

How high are your knees?

From 4" to a 12-14" around here, depending as one goes north and east a
ways...

We, of course, have been so dry since July that the inch of rain/ice and
then the snow is well worth the other hassles associated. The city
folks tend not to see that side of it, however...