Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Damn, it's cold

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

Wow. 38. Only 78 degrees warmer than the temp I used to walk six blocks
to school in when I was in elementary and junior high. I remember one
six-week period during which the temp never rose above zero F. Forty
below was common, in the days before global warming...

It was uphill both ways, too, right?
It is all what you are used to. Living in Indiana, I get a kick
when the Weather Bureau posts wind chill warnings for Florida's
panhandle when WIND CHILLS get down to 32 or so.

seriously

One winter I was working in the UP of Michigan and they had a snowmobile
race just outside the hotel I was staying at (near the International
Bridge in Sault Ste. Marie) anyway of course we went to watch - it was
literally about 2 degrees out, and was fairly tolerable... until I
decided I wanted a cup of coffee and started to walk back to the hotel,
and realized that there was a decently brisk wind, and it'd been at my
back the whole time I was standing there... woo, that's cold!

And there were a whole mess of guys out there racing snowmobiles the
whole time...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.