Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't believe this...

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
just finished replacing my kitchen sink yesterday... had to make a new
drain pipe for it, and also do some minor repair to the countertop (had a
hidden chip) anyway I got everything hooked up, turned on the water,
and... what a mess! my new faucet was leaking water everywhere. It was
a new Moen single handle deal with the spray nozzle, and it appeared to be
leaking down the hose to the spray nozzle. This faucet uses an unusual
method of connecting the hose to the faucet, instead of the usual threaded
connection it pushes into a plastic clip and seals with O-rings. I
suspect the plastic clip. Anyway, I'll be returning it and getting
another faucet. Do Delta faucets use a more conventional method of
connecting the sprayer nozzle hose? I put the old Delta faucet back in
and it is working fine, it's just that the girlie wants a new faucet with
a sprayer nozzle and this one doesn't have one.

Additionally, there was some serious foul-smelling black muck in the drain
pipe when I disconnected the part I was replacing. This is an older house
with cast iron drains, and it appeared that this muck was only in the cast
iron pipes, not the newer pvc stub out to the fixture. Coincidence? Or
should I think about having the pipes snaked out? There was a pretty
serious plug right at the 45 degree elbow going out to the sink; probably
3/4 of the pipe was blocked. I knocked most of it out with a screwdriver
and the sink appears to be working OK now. (it would occasionally drain
slow before.)

nate

If you like the style of the Moen, wait till Monday and call them. They're
very good at helping customers solve problems, if my experience is any
indication. I've installed several of their products without any problems at
all.