Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Generic Smart Charger For Electric Drill?

In article ,
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Jim Yanik:

Gotta do your research first,before buying.

I'll take that.

I've never made an impulse purchase without regretting it in the
end.

There's not a *vast* difference between these cheap brands and the 'names'
as regards the drill itself for DIY use. The real differences are the
battery quality and charger. Changing to decent batteries with a lower
internal impedance can make a cheap drill work much better. I've got a
cheap PPPro (UK shed brand) I carry around to sites as they're not so
desirable to thieves as the 'names'. I did however fit Sanyo cells to the
batteries after they failed in short order and altered the charger as I
mentioned earlier. It's given good service for a few years now - although
admittedly only light use by myself. I'm not trying to decry the quality
of Makita etc - I have some of their tools too.

--
*I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.