Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:14:25 -0800 (PST), wrote:
On Dec 16, 12:06 pm, Dave Hinz wrote:

We're not importing toy parts, we're importing toys, packaged and ready
for the store shelf.

As has been pointed out, the distributors should be inspecting those
toys even if they're "ready for the store shelf"

Yes. As I've said several times, both here and on the website I built
to show how bad the problem is, productrecallwatch.com . It downloads
RSS feeds from the CPSC, FDA, DOT, and several other government sources.
I haven't done this week's rundown yet but, dozens of products just last
week with lead paint. From China.

You can blame the Chinese factories all you want. They deserve it. But
unless I misunderstand you, it seems you want to place no blame at all
on the parent companies who are taking them, without any inspection,
and placing them on the store shelves.

Yes, you are misunderstanding me horribly. I've been quite clear that
the importer is the only one who we can legally do anything with and
they share some of the blame. I have also been quite clear and
consistent that the factories choosing to use toxins in products made
for the US, are doing so intentionally and are ultimately to blame.

In my factory, we shipped out many things "Ready for the shelves" and
we sometimes got shipments returned because of something somebody
found in an inspection. Sometimes it was our fault, sometimes it was a
mistake.

Mistakes are also your fault. Whose else would you pretend they are?
Seems to me, the culture is "profit at any cost to the customers, and
apologize if we get caught". That is disgusting, but dozens of items a
week? It is hard to come to any other conclusion.

My point is that those toys should have had a better final inspection
from the people that bought them.

BULL****. The lead shouldn't be in there in the first place. This
isn't a surprise to the factories deciding to use it.

Part of the blame goes to the
customer.

BULL****.

Not all, but dammit, our people got sloppy too. You're
supposed to keep better tabs on your suppliers than that.

You disgust me.