Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me

wrote:
Increasing the annealing temperature results in an increase of the
martensite volume fraction, and a reduction in both intergranular
carbide and ferrite intragranular carbide.

due to Fe-C phase-diagram, there must be a limit of martensite.
At 850C, the martensite fraction / percentage is around 17%

// -------- Comment ---------------- //

What would make your data easier to conceptualize would be a graphic
showing the martensite, carbide, and ferrite levels changing as the
annealing temperature increases.

with special conditions,change the heating temperature, we can obtain
different volume of austenitite at high temperature. when it is
cooled down to the room temperature, the steel obtained different
fraction martensite.

You mention that the yield point returns to normal at 820C. But you say
that the tensile strength fluctuates. At what temperature do the
fluctuations in tensile strength negate the improvements in the yield point?

'fluctuations in tensile strength' --- my mean is that tensile
strength is not line with the temperature.

of course, lots of work need to be done to investigated other circs
and the rule.

Adding a tensile strength curve to the above graph may show the
relationship between tensile strength, yield point, and the other
properties.