Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Need recomendation on book for learning how to fully exploit a surface grinder

Grant Erwin wrote:

For that you'd want a tool & cutter grinder, not a surface grinder.

I'd love to have a t&c grinder and I recently passed on one because the
Norton I could have likely brought home had too big a foot print to fit in
my garage, er shop. A 6x18 surface grinder would fit and I'm just trying to
learn as much on how to use one to it's fullest potential.

Milling and lathe work seems rather self evident but anything other than
making something flat with a surface grinder has me mystified. I sure wish
Harold lived next door. Maybe he could explain how to use my Leadwell
Tangi-Matic too.

Wes