Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin Paul Franklin is offline

Default ot a bit, need new tire suggestions

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 05:00:27 -0600, "Bob"
wrote:

I need new tires on a 2007 half ton (2 wheel drive) Chevy Silverado
pickup. The originals are General (Ugh) and have not lasted well.
I rotate tires every other oil change and check inflation at least
monthly. Still at under 30,000 miles, the tread is badly worn down
and I doubt if it would pass inspection.

So I would like suggestions on brands and things to look for.

Next question: Do extra ply tires wear better and what are other
advantages and disadvantages?

Is braking distance a factor in brands and extra ply?

All suggestions are appreciated, and thanks for reading.

Bob-tx

You might check out www.tirerack.com

They have lots of test reports covering wet and dry performance, tread
wear, noise, handling, etc., plus user reports. I've found the prices
to be competitive, too, even allowing for shipping and mounting fees.
But it's a good source of info even if you don't buy there.

Just a satisfied customer.

Paul F.