Posted to alt.home.repair
jacko jacko is offline

Default Sears snow thrower engine governor and throttle link spring question

Some good stuff here. http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lmfaq.htm
wrote in message
I've got a Sears snow thrower model 536.884670, engine number
143955071 that wouldn't run for more than a few minutes and only with
the choke on full. I bought a new carburetor for it and in
reinstalling I'm not sure where to connect the governor link and
spring. There is a small part that moves with a connection hole on
the back of the carburetor.
Sears.COM has the parts list and a drawing of each part but it doesn't
show how to put it back together. I connected the spring (part 19A)
from the connection hole on the carburetor to the governor lever (part
16) 0and got it started without using the governor link (part 186) but
the engine runs way too fast and exhausts a huge cloud of black smoke.

So, I guess the governor link should connect to the governor lever but
where does the spring go? Does one end might go in the same
connection hole on the back of the carburetor as the governor link?
Where the heck is the other end of the spring supposed to go?

Thanks,

Bill