Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Cliburn Ron Cliburn is offline

Default Attn Steve I know how to fix a Water Knock in the Cold Water, is it the same for the Hot Water?

On 28 Nov 2007 02:45:39 GMT, Steve wrote:

Travelover wrote on 27 Nov 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:

Yep, fix hot water the same way - drain it and let it refill trapping
air in anti knock pipe.

Turn off the water heater before draining it so it doesn't burn out.

See the many other discussions on this list about how to drain a water
heater. You may be in for more work than you think.

Steve,

Maybe it is a good thing I didn't read about how to drain the heater.
I just put a hose on the drain, ran it through a filter to my pressure
and used the hot water to clean the walk. Then let the rest of the
water run into the lawn. Opened the emergency valve on the tank to
help it drain and all the hot water fixtures in the house. No
Problem.

I was planning on just opening the emergency valve and draining it to
that point, but then I realized that the hot water enter a pipe on the
bottom of the tank, not the top ( or hell I could be completely
wrong), so as I said, I drained the entire tank.

The hardest part was turning off the water to our home.

RC