Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grilling options

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
So, purely as an intellectual exercise, to amuse said evil twin, I'm
inviting opinions on the relative merits - and drawbacks - of natural
gas and propane.

Initial expense, usage expense, installation issues, maintenance issues,
safety, food flavor -- anything else you can think of are all fair game
for this discussion.

OK, gas is not as good as charcoal. That said, it has many advantages too.
In the summer, cooking outside it just plain better than heating up the
kitchen or overloading the AC.

If natural gas is available, go for it. Initial cost of installing will be
higher, but the convenience is so much better. Just be sure to turn the
grill off when you are done. Gas is quick and less laborious if you are
cooking after getting home from work. No ashes to fuss with after, no hot
coals to spill on the deck.

If your evil twin wants gas, tell him to skip the cheap grills and get one
that will last and work well. I have a Vermont Castings (not the Home Depot
version) but Weber, MHP, Ducane, and other make high quality units.