Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
BumHead BumHead is offline

Default Santa came early

You lucky dog!!!! I have a larger lathe but I want to get a
variable speed motor for it. Now it is belt drive with only 3 speeds.
Even the slowest is too fast for some work.

Any ideas on this??

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 04:37:13 +0000, wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:29:29 -0600, "Kate"
wrote:

"BumHead" wrote in message
. ..
Got a Grizzley mini lathe for X'mas.

I am SO FREAKING JEALOUS!!!!

Kate
.

I live next to the Springfield store.. 12 miles, so I go to the
'scratch and dent sale', every year.

So, we got 10 of the mini lathes sitting there.. various busted up..
I look at the stack, and the tag says whats wrong..or right.

HMM this one motor etc works.. but its missing. a few pieces

hmm, this one is missing the motor (crushed) and part of the head BUT
the tail stock etc is good..

bought 2- $40 total and had a lathe.. 30 minutes combining parts..

THIS YEAR, got the head ONLY off the 16" by 48 lathe, that has
variable speed, motor missing the starting cap, but all it needs is
the inner part that mounts it to the lathe bed..
HMM.. 1" by 8 thread.. HMM..
BOWL TURNING LATHE!!!!.. $20.

--Shiva--