Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default Sharp microwave arcs *through* front door

On Dec 15, 6:09 pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Are the door seals clean? Does the door close firmly and evenly?

The door seals were passable, but not immaculate. The door itself
seems to close perfectly normally. It is relatively new and lightly
used, and there aren't any glaring issues like that. We did do some
work on our house a while back and stirred up a lot of dust in the
process, so contamination is a possibility. Supposing something like
that was the cause of the arc, shouldn't it have still have followed
some other path?