Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT: Fear Unions

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Dave In Houston" wrote:

ME likewise. But I'm overrun with a similar ****load. It's a first
cousin to your ****load. And my ****load has a life of it's own; it
grows and breeds other ****loads.
"One day I'll use that for something," Dave said as he contemplated
the
piece of scrap, "and it'll save me a trip to the lumber store." Then he
tossed it onto the ****load bin which long ago had overflowed its box and
was slowly spreading across the floor in the rear of the shop.

Worked for a company that had a company policy as follows:

Every year in December, you had to go thru your files and throw anything
away more than 2 years old.

It was a policy developed by the lawyers.

"If you don't have it, they can't use it against you was the logic.

Great dicipline.

Yeah, great until you get a phone call asking for why 0.125 steel was
chosen for such and such a part and whether it would be possible, based
upon previous trade studies whether substituting 0.130 aluminum would work
in order to meet weight specifications. But, you, as the designer were
forced to throw out those files 6 months ago. End result -- the trade
studies get to be redone.

Lew