Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:44:39 -0500, Tanus wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Oh, bull****. http://www.productrecallwatch.com/
enter "China" into the search box. Your country has put poison in our
drugs, our toothpaste, our cosmetics, our pet food, and our childrens
toys.

And your country has been responsible
for contracting those offshore
manufacturers.

Yes. We give you specs, and you substitute lead paint where it's not
specified, lead paint where it's not specified, and toxins in the pet
food to boost the apparent protein count in the wheat gluten - except
that it kills the pets. Oh, and the antifreeze in the toothpaste, that
was a nice touch.

Your country's retailers
are supposedly responsible for QC, and
dropped the ball.

Bull****. That crap isn't supposed to be in the products in the first
place. And yet China-apologists like you will deflect the blame from
anyone but the ones making the intentional decision to put substances in
the products which are known to be harmful and illegal.

Lead paint seems to be a large part of
your gross national
product. And a month ago, you sold me

He sold you nothing. China sold you
nothing. You bought that in your country
from one of your own retailers. Those
are the guys mentioned above with the QC
issues.

A Chinese manufacturer deviated from the spec given to them. YES, hell
yes, I think the importer should be held liable for the toxic products.
If you had gone to productrecallwatch.com and read any of the commentary
I've written there, you'd find that blisteringly clear. BUT, if China
wasn't putting the crap into the products in the first place, we
wouldn't have this problem, would we. They share blame, but the only
ones we can directly do anything about are the importers.

a toy which metabolizes into a
coma-inducing drug (Aqua-dots), because the adhesive that does so was a
few pennies per batch cheaper than the one that was specified.

Once, is an accident. Twice, coincidence. 38 times a month, is enemy
action.

If that's truly the case, then identify
the enemy. Hint: it's not China.

And who do you pretend it is? Every retailer that sells it? No. The
corner store should not be burdoned with testing products. The
importers? Somewhat. They bring it in to the country, and should be
responsible to make sure it works and is safe. The manufacturers?
Absolutely.

I urge everyone to talk to their
congressmen and tell them to
revoke China's "most favored trade nation" status. Friends like China,
we don't need.

My original post responded to you saying
that "And yes, I know I'm answering
either a troll or an idiot." I said it
looked like I was too. The above comment
about telling him to **** off and
calling him a hypocrite pretty well
drives it home.

Oh, disagreement and disrespect of someone who is defending a country
who is actively trying to kill my kids and pets is somehow trolling or
idiocy now? I see. You have a unique perspective.

Have a nice Christmas.

I intend to. What does that have to do with toxic Chinese imports,
exactly?