Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Need recomendation on book for learning how to fully exploit a surface grinder

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:10:29 -0500, Wes wrote:

Subject pretty much sums it up. Outside of making metal flat or using a
cheapy endmill end sharpening fixture, I don't have much of an clue when it
comes to utilizing a surface grinder. If it helps gun related projects are
involved including making chamering reamers.

Thanks,

Wes

============
Part of an email response I made to a similar question asked
several months ago:

http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/Hom...c382Ok lahoma
votech items are generally good. 2 others besides this one.

http://www.engr.pitt.edu/mac/intro_surface.htm

http://www.engr.pitt.edu/mac/precisi...face_grind.htm

http://www.uwe.ac.uk/cems/research/c...rc/igt/ggp.pdf

http://www.edstudentservices.com/bni...?course=386012
http://www.edstudentservices.com/bni...?course=386013

http://www.eef-techcentre.org.uk/tra...cegrinding.htm

more texts -- probably expensive
http://www.glencoe.com/ps/cgi-bin/ca...=0-02-803071-0

I buy many of my tools from HHIP. good prices and good to deal
with. You
may not need any of these depending on what type of grinding you
are doing.
a magnetic sine bar can be a lifesaver
http://hhip.com/products/product_vie...uctID=800-5410
(I use this mainly for mill set ups now)
http://hhip.com/products/product_vie...uctID=800-5240
http://hhip.com/products/product_vie...uctID=800-5525
http://hhip.com/products/product_vie...uctID=800-5225
http://hhip.com/products/product_vie...D=800-5150&p=2