Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] nikkoc@aol.com is offline

Default Vises

On Nov 14, 10:34 am, " wrote:
On Nov 14, 6:30 pm, Ignoramus28622 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.

28622.invalid wrote:
On 2007-11-14, wrote:

On Nov 14, 5:59 pm, Ignoramus28622 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
28622.invalid wrote:
I am now looking for a general purpose vise, as my Harbor Freight vise
seems to be in a not so good shape after I overtightened it.

I have a Columbian vise that I like better than either of the Wilton
vises in your post.
Apparently Columbian is now owed by Wilton, but I don't think it was
when my vise was made ( made in the USA ). Mine has " 504 -M2 "
stamped on the side.

For a really heavy duty vise look for a " 624 1/2 Athol " vise. The
1/2 does not have the slash there. I think that Starret bought the
company and sells the same vise. There is one for sale on ebay that
will close in about 7 hours. It is in Indiana and weights 54 lbs.
$98 shipping to Seattle 8-(

Dan

I am in Illinois, do you have ebay id of that Indiana item?

I just searched on " Athol vise ". It was the only thing that showed
up. I happen to have one that I am planning on selling, but knew you
were near Chicago.

Dan

Dan

I've got a real nice Starrett 624 that I will be listing on
ebay after the holidays..Nick