Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default help with scarts and things

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Thanks Peter, but I want the wife to be able to record freeview on the
dvd re-recorder. The problem I have right now, is that if I power up the
digi box, all is fine. When I power up the DVD re-recorder, it swamps
the TV with the signal that is coming from the digi box. They are all
scart connected.
I am thinking that a video recorder that is switched off, might buffer
the digi signal out, to allow the other digi channels and terrestrial to
be seen on the TV.

Basically, I want all options to see and record and see other channels
at the same time.

I am a radio amateur, so I should be able to sort this out with no
outside help, but I am just coming out of a long period of poor health
(mainly bronchitis)

Most TVs will auto switch to the most recent SCART connection powered up.
But most allow you to switch back to any SCART or indeed the internal
tuner after this has happened - I've not come across one which won't. But
non of this should effect recording from a FreeView tuner to the DVD -
you'd normally use the record SCART on the FreeView box into the aux SCART
on the DVD.

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman London SW