Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT - Politics

"Dave In Houston" wrote in
:

I notice that proponents of this theory [conveniently] never tell
you
that those poor, poor, over-taxed 10% already OWN 70% of the wealth
(or whatever number is in vogue by whatever particular group that
loves to grind this ax) .
Bring on the Flat Tax and maybe we can put this argument to bed.

As I understand it, the flat tax is not a rate of x% applied to every
income, whether $10/year or $10 billion/year, and it should not, IMO!

What would appeal to me is the expiration of all special treatments, and
possibly the imposition of a luxury tax on some set of specified items
(thinking of gas-guzzling hummers).

Congress is way out of line with special privileges, and the IRS with their
obfuscation in legalese of good intentions. I could not possibly go and do
my own income taxes now without the experience of the past 37 years.

--
Best regards
Han